Trytime Rugby focuses on all facets of rugby from grass roots junior players right through to the management of professional rugby players.
We aim to create the opportunity for all players to get the best out of their rugby whether that is to have fun with their friends or to sign their next professional contract. We do this by focusing on a number of key areas.
At a junior level we run individual or small group coaching sessions, as well as school holiday rugby camps for players aged between 6-18 years. There is a strong emphasis on fun but also on personal development on and off the field.
At a senior level we deal with more than 300 clubs worldwide to place our players in contracts that suit their personal aspirations. Players register with us looking for opportunities and we do everything we can to place them with quality clubs either locally, nationally or in most cases internationally.
Through our partners and relationships formed within the global rugby network we also have a number of other opportunities for clubs and players such as;
- Full time Academy programs in NZ and SA for aspiring young players looking to focus completely on their rugby.
- Rugby tours organised for your club or school.
- Trytime shop where you can purchase top quality protective wear such as headgear, shoulder pads and mouthguards as well as other Trytime merchandise.
If there is anything we can do to assist you with your rugby aspirations, please get in contact with the team at Trytime
About Mike Cross:
- Owner/Director TRYTIME Rugby Recruitment
- Head Coach - Second Grade Northern Suburbs Rugby Club, Shute Shield Competition
- Director of Rugby - Harbord Harlequins
- ARU Level 2,
- RUPA Accredited Player Agent,
- Coach of the Year 2015 NSW Suburban Rugby (approx. 300 coaches in the competition)
- Finalist - Player of the Year NSW Suburban Rugby Division 1 2012
- University Degree: (Bcom) Accounting, Minor in Economics. Supporting papers include Education and Physical Education.
- Playing History: (position – Halfback/First Five)
- Green Island Premiers (Dunedin)
- Zingari Premiers (Dunedin)
- 2002 Otago under 18 and Highlanders under 18 (New Zealand under 19 trial)
- 2003 Otago Under 19
- 2004-2005, 2007-2008 Dunedin Premier Grade
- 2005 Otago under 21
- 2005-2006 Contracted in Ireland
- 2009 - 2010 Contracted in Australia (Captain and asked to part of NSW suburban team)
- 2010- 2011 Contracted in Hong Kong
- 2011-2013 Contracted in Australia (Captain and asked to part of NSW suburban team)
- 2016 - Current: Head Coach - Second Grade Northern Suburbs Rugby Club, Shute Shield Competition. Coaching under First Grade Coach Simon Cron, Australian U20's Coach
- 2015: First grade Coach of the Knox Rugby Club and Director of Rugby (first grade suburban competition). In this role I oversee the coaching at all levels within the club as well as directly coaching the first grade team. 2015 was a successful first season as head coach with the first grade team making the grand final.
- 2011-2014: First grade assistant coach of the Knox Rugby Club.
- 2014-2015: Sydney Under 16 and 17 assistant coach as well as resource coaching for a number of schools and local clubs
- 2013: Knox Grammar School: Under 14 Age coordinator - Responsible for 100 Under 14 students and coach of the 14A team. (1st in CAS comp and undefeated for the season)
- 2012: Knox Grammar School: Under 16 Age coordinator - Responsible for 75 Under 16 students and coach of the 16A team. (2nd in CAS comp)
- 2010-2011: Assisted with coaching at Nomads Rugby Club in Hong Kong. As an imported player brought into the club, my role was to assist current coaches to further enhance the skills of all players within the club.
- 2009-2013: Knox Grammar School (Sydney): Coached students of all ages and skill levels.